With so much stress and uncertainty within society at the moment, it's no wonder most of us struggle to get a good night's sleep.
Waking in the small hours or finding it hard to drift off to sleep the last thing at night, all the tossing and turning certainly isn't good for our bodies or mental well-being.
In order to help you get a restful night's sleep, we have called on our friends at Suna Interior Designs to give us some tips on how to create the perfect 'sleepy' environments in your bedroom, to send you off to the land of nod within seconds.
Here are 7 great ways to create a relaxing setting in your bedroom:
1. Natural Materials - Using natural, soft materials for your bedding and bedroom furniture is the perfect way to create a cosy feel and instantly make you feel calm.
2. Limit your colour palette - Decorate your room with relaxing pastels and hues that don't fight for your attention. Limit your use of patterns to one or two styles in order not to overwhelm your mind just before bed. Using warm neutrals, light greys and 'earthy' colour tones provide a peaceful ambience to your bedroom.
3. Dare to go dark - Black out curtains are essential for creating an uninterrupted darkness through out your bedroom. The perfect addition to help even the lightest of sleepers drift off.
4. The layering effect - Experiment with chunky duvets, knitted throws or fur rugs to add some texture to your bedroom. Create areas that make you want to 'snuggle up' in with some hot chocolate just before bed.
5. Mood lighting - Create the perfect sleepy mood within your bedroom using candles, lamps or the subtle twinkle of fairy lights. You can try out the dim flicker of artificial candles, some of them come with a timer so that you can set them to turn off at a certain time each night. Whichever mood lighting you opt for, you can be sure to create that sleepy atmosphere you desire.
6. Bring the outside in - Houseplants! Especially the top 10 air purifying houseplants recommended by Nasa. The Snake Plant and Aloe Vera in particular are good for your bedroom, as they release oxygen at night time, making them amazing for having around your room whilst you’re sleeping.
7. Away with the clouds - Nothing makes you sleepier than watching clouds in the sky. Why not try to create this mood within your bedroom by experimenting with cloud effect wall paper? The perfect way to help you doze off as soon as your head hits the pillow.
Now that you're equipped with all the tips to create the perfect bedroom to encourage a good night's sleep, why not read some other great tips on how to De-clutter and De-Stress your home.