We commemorate another successful year, in which our social purpose has taken precedence. The diagram below showcases a breakdown of our achievements in 2019 and demonstrates how Peabody has given back to various communities throughout London.
Key milestones of 2018/19 – explained:
- There were 8,000 homes sold in total by all housing associations
- Peabody sold 416 of these homes
- Peabody let 732 homes for social rent and 325 supported housing properties
- Peabody built 816 affordable homes, including 416 for social rent
Key Peabody community milestones for the year ending 31st March 2019 – explained:
- Peabody’s Communities team generated £5.71 in social return for every £1 invested in employment training.
- Peabody invested £9m in our community activities
- Peabody have raised over £1.6 million in external funding to bring added value to our community programme
- As part of the Peabody Winter Warmer’s initiative, 119 dedicated Peabody employees visited over 580 of our residents aged 80 and over to make sure they and their homes were ready for the winter
- Peabody have generated a £1.2 million return on an investment of £0.3 million in volunteering activities
2019 was a productive year for Peabody. The milestones above are prime examples of how we have made a positive impact in and around London by contributing to the growth of communities by providing quality homes and delivering a great service to our customers.
Stay tuned to discover how Peabody continue to lead the way through developing innovative projects and approaches to delivering services in the future.DISCOVER PEABODY HOMES