Published 04 May 2017
Peabody Shortlisted for Housing Design Awards
Six of our developments have been shortlisted for a prestigious Housing Design Award.
The national awards showcase excellence and innovation in design, and are a cross-industry partnership between various arms of government, the private sector and key professional institutions.
Our four completed schemes on the shortlist delivered over 540 high-quality homes across four London boroughs: Wandsworth, Kensington and Chelsea, Tower Hamlets, and Newham.
Peabody developments shortlisted include:
- St John’s Way (Phase 1) – We completed phase I of our St John’s Hill estate regeneration in April 2016. This comprises of 153 new homes, high quality landscaping and play areas.
- More West – 112 new homes, as well as, community and retail facilities.
- Lock Keepers - 109 homes featuring energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly technology such as solar panels.
- Upton Village – 168 new flats and houses have been built on the site of the former Plaistow Hospital in Newham, east London. The design emerged from a competition held in 2012 to celebrate Peabody’s 150th anniversary.
- Fish Island – Designed by Pitman Tozer Architects, this scheme at our Fish Island Village development includes 71 new homes, affordable workspaces and a new public square.
- Thamesmead – The first of four sites which will create more than 1,500 new homes in South Thamesmead. Southmere Village will form a new mixed-use civic quarter for Thamesmead including 525 new homes, a new library, and nearly 40,000 square feet of commercial space for cafes, retail businesses and local enterprises.
Stonelea Gardens is a stylish new collection of modern homes, set in vibrant Leyton, East London. All apartments have private outdoor space, whilst the houses feature gardens, with some offering rooftop patios and larger properties benefitting from on-site parking.Find Out More
A brand new development offering the final 2 & 3 bedroom Shared Ownership apartments for sale. With Royal Albert zone 3 DLR station one mile away, affording transit into Poplar for Canary Wharf in 11 minutes, and Bank in 26 minutes, it’s an ideal location for commuters.DISCOVER BECKTON