Wonderful things are happening in Southmere and we’ve got big plans for the future. Our first launch will include our properties for sale in Thamesmead, followed by Shared Ownership homes and a new public square, civic building including library, a fitness studio, café and other commercial and community spaces to follow. Crossrail is on the horizon at Abbey Wood, making the commute into London much quicker, Canary Wharf will only be 11 minutes away.
You’ll never struggle for space in Southmere with more than double the amount of green space per person than the London average and homes overlooking the Southmere lake. We’re excited about where we’re going with our Thamesmead properties, and we want you to come on the journey with us.
For more information, register your interest or contact our selling agents CBRE on
£312,500 for a 1 bed apartment
£390,000 for a 2 bed apartment
£547,000 for a 3 bed apartment
Property of the week
6 Swift Court
3 Bedroom Apartment with Private Balcony
Cost of home - £547,000
5% Deposit - £27,350
40% Government Loan - £218,800
Monthly Mortgage - £897.76*
Estimated Monthly Service Charge - £365
*Monthly representative based on 2 year fixed rate of 1.34%. Before taking out a mortgage, you should always speak to an Independent Mortgage Advisor.
With the Government backed Help to Buy scheme, buyers in London can get assistance buying a home with an equity loan of up to 40% of the property purchase price.
The Help to Buy equity loan limit was raised from 20% to 40% of the properties purchase value for homes in all London boroughs to reflect the higher property values seen across London.
You will need to contribute as little as a 5% deposit on a newly built home and your mortgage will make up the rest after the 40% equity loan.
Currently London Help to Buy equity loans are available to buyers looking to purchase a new build home with a purchase price up to £600,000.Register Interest
Southmere, Harrow Manorway and Yarnton Way,
Thamesmead, Bexley, SE2 9UH
Southmere Marketing Suite;
1 Overton Road, London, SE2 9SH
Call: 07775 007 273
An oasis of tranquility
in the heart of London
Southmere Lake is without doubt one of the jewels in Thamesmead’s crown, the investment work will breathe new life into the lake and surrounding area. Southmere Lake is being revitalised for all to enjoy. New waterside planting including reedbeds and floating islands provide rich planting and habitat for a diverse range of wildlife.
The introduction of new fishing platforms and boating facilities make this a great destination for waterery activities such as sailing, kayaking and paddleboarding. For explorers there are walks and cycle rides to some of Thamesmeads rich and varied landscapes including broad vistas along the Thames, our nature studies centre at Tump 53 and the unique canal network.
Watch our London’s New Voices series - A Home for Culture. See how Peabody’s long-term cultural strategy is harnessing and growing optimism to create a sense of community and identity through the arts.
An abundance of green space
If you love outdoor fitness, there’s plenty of space for it. There are a variety of parks offering the equivalent size of over 105 football pitches of green space.
Whether it’s joining a gym class or taking part in a 5km run, there are plenty of opportunities to keep fit. Thamesmead has a gym and sporting club, where you can take part in social activities like tennis and football.
Watch the latest video in our London's New Voices series - Living in the Landscape which captures our strategic approach to managing all the unique blue and green space in Thamesmead.
- Contemporary two-tone handle-less kitchen by Symphony with anthracite finish to base and gloss finish pearl grey to wall cabinets
- Discreet strip LED lighting underneath wall cabinets
- Glass splash-back at full-height behind the hob in grey
- Subtle stone-effect work surface in light grey and matching upstand
- Single undermounted stainless steel bowl sink with chrome mixer tap
- Bosch electrical hob and integrated overhead extractor
- Brushed steel integrated electric Bosch oven with touch control
- Integrated Zanussi fridge / freezer
- Integrated Zanussi dishwasher
- Recessed LED down lights
- Soft light oak wood-effect Amtico laminate flooring
- Steel bath in white and bath panel in light oak wood-effect with polished chrome bath and shower mixer tap
- Squared frameless glass shower screen
- Wall mounted semi-pedestal handwash basin with chrome single lever mixer tap
- White WC pan with concealed cistern and polished chrome dual flush push button to wall
- Mirrored bathroom cabinet with feature lighting above shelving
- Polished chrome heated towel rail
- Large format soft-grey marbled ceramic wall tiles to selected walls with in-set storage shelf
- Co-ordinating large format soft-grey marbled ceramic floor tiles
- Recessed LED down lights
- Built-in frosted glass wardrobes in all master bedroom
- Supreme twist carpet in light grey
- Shower room en-suite to the master bedrooms (refer to floorplans)
- Recessed LED down lights and pendant lighting to all bedrooms
- Video entry system
- Sprinkler system fitted throughout apartments
- Wired smoke and heat detectors
- Multi-lock door with security chain and spy hole
- 250- year lease
- Zanussi washing machine to storage cupboards
- Heating and hot water provided by central plant and charged separately
- Television (terrestrial and satellite) points with Sky+ provisions to living room and master bedroom ƚ
- Landline telephone and virgin & BT fibre optic data points to living room and bedrooms ƚ
- Dimming lights to living
- Thermal control - emmeti
- Landscaped communal podium
- Communal office working space
- Communal residents lounge
- Meeting room available for hire on site ƚ
- Concierge service
- Zipcar car club available ƚ
ƚ Subject to separate costs. Zipcar bays available on site