Southmere | Introducing Crane Court at Southmere, a brand new collection of 1, 2 & 3-bedroom apartments available with Shared Ownership in Thamesmead, SE2. Enjoy a vibrant lakeside setting just minutes from Canary Wharf, with direct access to concierge service including a residents lounge and co-working space.
Make the smart move South at Southmere
Final collection of 2 & 3-bed apartments available through Shared Ownership with as little as £5,925 deposit*.
Introducing Crane Court, the latest collection of homes at Southmere, part of the award winning regeneration of Thamesmead, SE2. Set in a vibrant lakeside setting just minutes from Canary Wharf, with direct access to the exclusive podium garden, concierge service including a residents lounge and co-working space.
Homes at Southmere in Thamesmead, South East London will also benefit from a new public square, civic building including a library, a fitness studio, café and other commercial and community spaces to follow. Abbey Wood is within walking distance and has excellent links to the heart of the city – you can catch the Elizabeth Line and be in Canary Wharf in 11 minutes and in London Bridge, Stratford or Liverpool Street in less than 20.
You’ll never struggle for space in Southmere with more than double the amount of green space per person than the London average and homes overlooking the Southmere lake. We’re excited about where we’re going with our Thamesmead properties, and we want you to come on the journey with us.
All Private Sale homes are now reserved. Contact CBRE on 020 3369 2170 to register your interest to view new releases, launching Summer 2022.
Shared Ownership prices at Crane Court starting from:
1 bed - Fully Reserved
2 bed - £118,500 for a 30% share
3 bed - £160,500 for a 30% share
For more information and to arrange a Shared Ownership viewing, contact our selling agents CBRE on 020 3369 2170.
Figures are indicative example only, you should speak to an Independent Mortgage Advisor before taking out a mortgage.
Homes available through Shared Ownership
Shared Ownership at Southmere is a part buy/part rent scheme that makes it possible for first time buyers to purchase a property that otherwise would not have been affordable.
Shared Ownership helps you get on the property ladder in an affordable way. You can usually buy an initial share of 25% to 75% of the value of a property, and you’ll need to take out a mortgage to pay for your share of the home’s purchase price. You will then pay a subsidised rent on the share you don’t buy, and there will also be a monthly service charge to be paid on your home.
Watch our video to learn more about Shared Ownership or visit our guide to Shared Ownership page.Guide to Shared Ownership
An oasis of tranquility
in the heart of London
Southmere Lake is without doubt one of the jewels in Thamesmead’s crown. The investment work will breathe new life into the lake and surrounding area, making our Thamesmead flats all the more desirable. Southmere Lake is being revitalised for all to enjoy. New waterside planting including reedbeds and floating islands provide rich planting and habitat for a diverse range of wildlife.
The introduction of new fishing platforms and boating facilities make this a great destination for waterery activities such as sailing, kayaking and paddleboarding. For explorers there are walks and cycle rides to some of Thamesmeads rich and varied landscapes including broad vistas along the Thames, our nature studies centre at Tump 53 and the unique canal network.
Watch our London’s New Voices series - A Home for Culture. See how Peabody’s long-term cultural strategy is harnessing and growing optimism to create a sense of community and identity through the arts.
An abundance of green space
If you love outdoor fitness, there’s plenty of space for it. There are a variety of parks offering the equivalent size of over 105 football pitches of green space.
Whether it’s joining a gym class or taking part in a 5km run, there are plenty of opportunities to keep fit. Thamesmead has a gym and sporting club, where you can take part in social activities like tennis and football.
Watch the latest video in our London's New Voices series - Living in the Landscape which captures our strategic approach to managing all the unique blue and green space in Thamesmead.
You can also hear from Jack Gower - our Landscape Activation Manager about our Making Space for Nature programme and the positive impact it's having on the local community.
- Contemporary two-tone handle-less kitchen by Symphony with anthracite finish to base and
gloss finish pearl grey to wall cabinets
- Discreet strip LED lighting underneath wall cabinets
- Glass splash-back at full-height behind the hob in grey
- Subtle stone-effect work surface in light grey and matching upstand
- Single undermounted stainless steel bowl sink
with chrome mixer tap
- Bosch electric hob and integrated overhead
- Brushed steel integrated Bosch oven
- Integrated Zanussi fridge / freezer
- Integrated Zanussi dishwasher
- Recessed LED down lights
- Soft light oak wood-effect Amtico laminate flooring
- Built-in frosted glass wardrobes in all master
- Supreme twist carpet in light grey
Shower room en-suite to the master bedrooms (refer to floorplans)
- Pendant lighting to all bedrooms
- Bath in white and bath panel in
light oak wood-effect with polished chrome bath and shower mixer tap
- Squared frameless glass shower screen
- Wall mounted semi-pedestal handwash basin with chrome single lever mixer tap
- White WC pan with concealed cistern and polished chrome dual flush push button to wall
- Mirrored bathroom cabinet with feature lighting above shelving
- Polished chrome heated towel rail
- Large format soft-grey marbled ceramic wall tiles to selected walls with in-set storage shelf
- Co-ordinating large format soft-grey marbled ceramic floor tiles
- Recessed LED down lights
- Video entry system
- Sprinkler system fitted throughout apartments
- Wired smoke and heat detectors
- Multi-lock door with security chain and spy hole
- 12 year NHBC warranty
- 2 year defect period from practical completion
- Zanussi washing machine to storage cupboards
- Heating and hot water provided by central plant and charged separately
- Television (terrestrial and satellite) points with Sky+ provisions to living room and master bedroom*
- Landline telephone and Virgin & BT fibre optic data points to living room and bedrooms*
- Downlights to living room
- Electronic thermostats to each room
- Pet-friendly development†
- Landscaped communal podium
- Communal office working space
- Communal residents lounge
- Meeting room available for hire on site ƚ
- Concierge service
- Zipcar car club available ƚ
ƚ Subject to separate costs. Zipcar bays available on site
- Secure and lockable cycle storage rooms at ground floor level
- Underfloor heating provided by a communal heat network to lower costs and carbon emissions
- Double glazed windows and balcony doors and good insulation levels, meeting London standards
- Mechanical ventilation with filtration system located in each home to prevent overheating
- Smart meters to each apartment for heating and hot water
- Flow restrictions to fittings on bathroom and kitchen mixer taps
- High rated appliances for energy efficiency
- Separate recycling section to under-sink bins
- Green and brown roofs to lower buildings
Discover how Mary, with the support of Shared Ownership and Peabody, found her place to call home in Thamesmead, SE28.Read Mary's Story