The Scene | Help to Buy new homes in Deptford, SE14 6LQ.
The Scene is found where Deptford and New Cross meet and the urban village centre transitions into residential streets of Victorian terraces and the new landscaped open space of Charlottenburg Park.
Situated on Amersham Vale, this corner of South London has long been associated with the arts and creativity through its links to Goldsmiths and the Young British Artists movement of the 90s and 2000s. Today, Deptford retains that essential vibrancy and character that has evolved into a welcoming and warm community that’s representative of an area rich with possibilities.
The collection at The Scene includes Maiden Court which comprises beautiful apartments and spacious two bedroom duplexes, with many offering views across Charlottenburg Park, as well as a collection of beautiful three and four bedroom homes. These high-specification properties are located four minutes walk from New Cross station, which offers direct links into London Bridge in only five minutes.
Stamp Duty paid when you reserve one of our selected 3 bedroom homes at The Scene. Save up to £33,375 on our stunning terraced houses if you reserve before the 30th of July.REGISTER INTEREST
Love living and shopping local
At the heart of the neighbourhood is the thriving Deptford Market Yard, home to several boutiques, restaurants, bars, and cafés, all infused with the area's independent spirit. Residents aren't short on inspiration with interiors and lifestyle specialists aplenty to help realise their vision.
Check out Forest at Market Yard, experts in plants and products to bring nature into your home. Alternatively, a quick trip to Greenwich will really get the juices flowing with a huge array of independent shops and high-street brands to choose from.
Food, drink and going out in Deptford
Alive with possibility night or day, Deptford is home to an eclectic mix of eateries, bars and nightspots. Whatever your flavour, the neighbourhood has something for you. From authentic Jamaican food and Cocktails at Buster Mantis, tropical café vibes at Isla Ray, to a more traditional dining experience, and a taste of Italy in South London, check out the highly regarded Marcella on Deptford High Street.
Deptford’s unique creative culture is on show almost everywhere you look. The streets are adorned with eyecatching public art that provides the perfect set dressing for the many local artisan boutiques, businesses and galleries. From vibrant exhibition space and café, Deptford Does Art to award-winning hair salon The Bohemians, Deptford’s independent spirit is fully in evidence.
Royal Parks and open spaces
Situated at the edge of a park, one of the most pleasing aspects of life at The Scene is easy access to open spaces offering places to pause, think, relax and exercise.
Nearby, Greenwich Park and Observatory Gardens dominates the wider local area both in terms of green space and its stunning panoramic views. To the north, the Thames weaves its way through London, opening up vistas to the impressive skyline of Canary Wharf across the river. Burgess Park and Peckham Rye to the west of Deptford complete the ring of green spaces that orbit the development.
- Modern handle-less kitchen by Brandt in putty concrete pearl grey
- Silestone stone-effect work surface in snow white with matching upstand
- Single undermounted satin steel bowl sink with mixer tap in stainless steel
- Bosch electrical hob with integrated Bosch oven and microwave
- Integrated Bosch fridge/freezer (70/30 size split), dishwasher and integrated waste and recycling bin
- Free-standing Bosch washer/dryer to hallway cupboards
- Recessed LED down lights and Amtico white ash wood-effect flooring
(Images are CGI and indicative)
- Built-in wardrobes to the master bedroom
- Soft grey carpet to bedrooms in Atlantic Seal
- Energy efficient pendant lighting
- Steel bath in white with wall mounted bath/shower mixer tap and control
- Frameless glass shower screen
- Semi-recessed handwash basin with chrome mixer tap and base cabinet
- WC pan with concealed cistern and polished chrome dual flush push button to wall
- Half mirrored cabinet above the vanity worktop and sink
- Polished chrome heated towel rails
- Large format tiles in deep natural white to the floor and selected walls
- Recessed LED down lights
- Video entry system with handset
- Sprinkler system fitted throughout apartments and duplexes
- Wired smoke and heat detectors
- Multi-lock door with security chain and spy hole
- 250- year lease
- 10-year NHBC warranty
- Underfloor heating throughout apartments and ground and upper floor of duplexes
- Glass door to main entrance / lobby area
- High quality, durable carpeting and floor finishes throughout
- Heating and hot water provided by central plant and charged separately (apartments and duplexes only)
- Television (terrestrial and satellite) points with Sky+ provisions to living room and master bedroom*
- Landline telephone and BT fibre optic data points to living room*
- Zipcar car club available nearby (not exclusive to residents)^
- Wheelchair friendly homes available.
Buying with Help to Buy means two-bedroom apartments priced at £565,000, could cost as little as £927 in monthly mortgage payments. This is based on a property valued at £565,000 and a 5% deposit of £28,250 with a 35-year repayment term based on 1.34% interest rate and a 40% Government loan. Service charges and bills are not included. Service charges on this unit are currently estimated at £179.
To support your purchase, we have teamed up with mortgage specialists, Torc24 who can advise affordability.
Speak to a Torc24 representative on:
- T: 01442 860700
Term & Conditions
*Up to £33,375 contribution towards your Stamp Duty is only payable upon selected properties (113, 115, 117 & 119 Amersham Vale) reserved on or before Saturday 30th July 2022 and complete within 30 days of reservation date. The amount is based on first-time buyer full Stamp Duty on a purchase price of £867,500. Payment will be shown as a reduction in your completion statement, please speak to your solicitor for further information. Additional T&Cs apply.