Update On Property Viewings with Peabody
Our top priority is the well-being and safety of our customers and employees. We are continuing to follow the latest government advice with regards to the Corona virus pandemic in the UK, and adapt our services to support our customers on their home buying journey.
With the introduction of the latest lock-down, the Government have advised that people looking to move home, including property viewings, can continue with appropriate safety measures in place.
Peabody are therefore able to continue to offer physical viewings at a select number of developments by appointment only, as well as online viewings across all developments. Details of which homes can be viewed physically and/or virtually can be found on our development pages.
Please find guidance below on what you can expect if you are attending a physical viewing with Peabody;
How are we keeping visitors safe at viewing appointments?
We are taking appropriate precautions to keep our customers and staff safe when attending a viewing appointment and would like to thank you in advanced to following this guidance.
When you book a physical appointment with Peabody, a member of our sales team will give you a quick call to ensure that you and everyone in your household are well and aren’t displaying any symptoms of Corona virus ahead of your scheduled appointment.
In line with recent Government guidelines, you can expect the following at your viewing appointment:
- Viewings will be by appointment only, with a select number of homes available to view.
- A maximum of 2 adults per viewing, and only those in your immediate household should attend. Children (under 18) may not attend the appointment.
- We will ask you to wear a face mask, along with gloves and shoe covers, supplied by Peabody. Our sales team reserves the right to reschedule your appointment if you do not arrive wearing a face covering, and have not informed them in advance of a medical exemption.
- We will ask you to sanitise your hands using the stations provided upon your arrival and on leaving, and avoid touching surfaces where possible.
- We will ask you to maintain safe social distancing throughout your appointment with the aid of 2m distance floor markers to help with this.
- All doors in the show home during the viewing will remain open. If there is a need to use a lift to access the show home, these will be taken separately by the sales executive.
- We will not be able to provide any paper brochures or price lists, but these will all be provided electronically.
- Any questions we have not managed to answer during your viewing will be answered in a follow up call.
- Please note bathroom facilities will not be available.
- To minimise contact with anyone else, viewing appointments are limited to 30 minute slots. This will allow time for our teams to sanitise our homes between viewings.
Details of these precautionary measures will be highlighted in your booking confirmation email, and the sales team will talk you through our new processes when you arrive for your appointment.
Viewing a Resale Shared Ownership home?
If you are looking to arrange a viewing for a Resale (second-hand) Shared Ownership home, this will be conducted directly with the existing leaseholder for that home.
For viewings that take place virtually - The leasehold will arrange to contact you via WhatsApp video call at the arranged viewing time. Details of the viewing process will be sent to you as part of your booking confirmation.
For viewings taking place in person - Viewings will be carried out with the existing leaseholder and are by appointment only. When viewing;
- We ask that you to wear a face mask. Leaseholders reserve the right to reschedule your appointment if you do not arrive wearing a face covering, and have not informed them in advance of a medical exemption.
- Please sanitise your hands prior to your arrival and on leaving, and avoid touching surfaces where possible.
- The leasehold will be practicing safe social distancing throughout your viewing appointment.
- The leaseholder will ensure there is adequate ventilation by keeping as many doors and windows open as is possible during your viewing appointment.
- Bathroom facilities will not be available.
Want to get in touch?
Our team are set up to work remotely and are on-hand to support our customers. If you have any questions and wanted to speak to our team, visit our contact us page.
- Symptoms of coronavirus and how to avoid it on the NHS website
- Use the 111 online coronavirus service if you feel you need medical help
- Guidance on how the UK is affected by coronavirus (GOV.UK is updated daily and is the best source of reliable information)
- Government advise on home moving during COVID-19